A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is actually a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is irregular in shape and seems like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is because of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is famous in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the Agaricus Blazei Extract is an immune booster, an outstanding digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is a compressive list of Chaga mushroom proven health advantages.
1. Prevention and therapy for cancer – The active compound in the Chaga mushroom posseses an essential role in prevention and management of cancer, in accordance with research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are among the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom assist the immune system to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting your body to battle against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the defense mechanisms through producing immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s ability to differentiate between foreign cells as well as the body’s cells; thus enhancing the accuracy from the defense mechanisms in answering invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a vital role in preventing allergy symptoms by helping the body to recognise its cells better; as a result it cannot combat against its cells. In case reducing the likelihood of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in decrease in immune system hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity are caused by a serious hypersensitive reaction. Such reaction can lead to cardiac shock. As being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom raises the immune system when needed and reduce it after it is hypersensitive.
3. A strong antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For instance, Chaga extracts are effective against viruses as they inhibit replication of HIV 1 preventing Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts work well in lessening infection because of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the process that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), a necessary part of fighting bacterial infection. A cupful of Chaga tea is essential in eliminating the bacteria that could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation from the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Remember that, low antioxidant levels can lead to inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the consequences of enzymes that engage in inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play an important role in neutralising free radicles in the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga provides the highest quantity of antioxidant potency when compared with any other food. The high quantities of antioxidants are caused by the high quantity of polyphenols in the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, the high quantities of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive outcomes of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, lessen the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – One of many factors behind ulcers is bacteria. As being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that causes ulcers within the intestinal tract reducing chances of ulcers. Besides, the extracts from the mushroom are crucial in lessening inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or perhaps a glass of tepid to warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder thirty minutes before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration inside the blood during an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the entire process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides raise the glycogen content of muscles as well as the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that plays a part in fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous thrombus – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots inside the veins; a disorder called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it may lead to diseases such as heart attack and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the entire process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the hazards of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is essential in soothing arteries when in irritation. Such property is important in the event of pain or conditions such as neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood sugar level by increasing levels of insulin inside the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to transform sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of the factors behind insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance leads to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the chance of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts slow down that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus decreasing the surges in blood glucose, which will otherwise lead to diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure level and cholesterol – Betulinic acid can break down the low-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol within the blood, while other extracts increase the volume of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol within the liver. Through the elimination of bad cholesterol from bloodstream, along with eliminating clots from the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a proper blood pressure levels.
11. Skin health – The massive quantities of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, ensure it is a great skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is a part of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin affords the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, enhances the skin’s health, making it supple and protecting your skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it for the skin is effective.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a wonderful source of dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the production of bile, a necessary salt within the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times a day, 30 minutes before meals decbbe essential for a proper gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of the toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sense of stress – Chaga extracts are essential in balancing hormones within the body. In the event of stress, the body releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the sense of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of the hormones, balances the functioning from the body, hence enables one to deal with stress. As being a popular adaptogen, he shou wu extract, assistance to stabilise, restore and protect your body. It will so by helping the body reply to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance from the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the degree of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the levels of acetylcholine enhances the cognitive performance of the individual.